Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Blog: I Hope Your Family is Crazy Too.

It's the horn of plenty!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone has a great day eating your body weight in food and drinking heavily to remove the painful memories from the 2009 College Football season. The Detroit Lions have won TWO games. No big deal.

Today, I'm reminded of how important family is. Particularly my family. They never judge, they're kind, generous, forgiving, and always supportive. And then I wake up from that ridiculous fantasy and find that my cousin and sister have already been talking shit on facebook for a solid hour. Sometimes it's a real pain hanging in mountain time.

But seriously, I don't want to live in a world where my family is nice to me. That's just not right. If I'm not consistently verbally abused it's just not home. And don't think for one minute I can't dish it back. Sometimes I'm criticized for being too mean to people. But in the words of the great Omar Little, "How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?"

I just call that survivin' suckas.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, shut up and have a happy Thanksgiving.

    Tofu-key this year?

    UP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha no tufo-key. I'm too much of an amateur to even attempt that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can buy 'em at Trader Joe's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we did have some great vegetarian side dishes though. and don't worry meghan, my family is the same way. except they are serious when they say they hate my blog.

    ReplyDelete