Monday, November 16, 2009

Grown Up Blog: When Did This Happen?

I just came to a realization. I'm an adult.

Don't believe me? I'm in a book club. Name a kid that's in a book club, and watching Reading Rainbow doesn't count. Yeah, that's right, you can't. In book club we have in depth discussions about actual books.We don't even get that drunk at book club. I'm hoping to change that when I host next month. What signature drink is more adult? Manhattan or Tom Collins? Only adults serve signature drinks.

Also, I watch CBS comedies and I think they're funny. I'm still grappling with that one. There's nothing cool about saying the phrase "Oh that Old Christine is at it again!" or thinking to myself maybe I should give that NCIS: Los Angeles a shot. I probably should give it a shot, it's the adult thing to do.

Another adult thing. I hang out with couples. Yeah, odd numbers are the best numbers. I do things in groups of three, five or seven.  I'm invited to dinners and offered opportunities to go on bike rides. Maybe next week I'll go to a farmer's market. Whose a fucking adult now? Me that's who.

I just laughed at a line from "The Big Bang Theory." Confession: I laughed at two lines. Great, next stop is  family game night with my cat Sophie. This whole being an adult thing just got real.

6 comments:

  1. Meg, you blog about Twilight. I don't think you can consider yourself an adult just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well yes of course. I hope the sarcasm wasn't lost. And you'll be happy to know that there's about a 50/50 chance I'm blogging about Twilight today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that going on a blind date is also very adult. I'll set it up. Consider the blogging opportunities (you could have your readers rate your outfit, rate your date). I think it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are some kind of genius, Lyons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have to be an adult to laugh at The Big Bang Theory. Just just have to be a geek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and that Mr. Storrie would know...

    J/K! Love ya, mean it! (totally stole that from Linds...)

    ReplyDelete