Monday, November 30, 2009

Movie Blog: Hey, Stop All That Oscar Buzz

Are you afraid of flying? Well you should be because Megladon is out there and he will take down your plane like it's his job! He doesn't care that your getting married in two days. He doesn't even care that it's virtually impossible for a shark to jump thousands of feet in the air and take down an effin plane! Nope, he doesn't care because he just took down your plane and showed that giant octopus who's boss.

Not sure what I'm talking about? Oh, I'll tell you. One of the greatest creature features of all time (perhaps only second to Boa vs. Python).

MEGA SHARK VS. GIANT OCTOPUS



This piece of art was shown on SyFy on Saturday afternoon. I hope they plan to show it many more times. If you're wondering why I was watching this movie instead of my Alma Mater getting destroyed by our arch rival, I'll tell you. It's because football is dead to me. And just to get this off my chest, Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson are an embarrssment to sports commentating, and should be tarred and feathered by the good people of Tallahassee, Florida.

So, you're probably wondering about the scene I described above. I'll get there don't you worry. In the meantime, you should know that Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus stars Deborah Gibson, Lorenzo Lamas, and a (sort of) Irish dude. He says the word lassie so I guess he's legit. Also, there's nothing like giant prehistoric sea creatures to put a little romance in science. While working night and day to get some sort of liquid to glow, our heroine takes her male, japanese counterpart and gets hers in a closet. Huz-zah. Who knew telling a story about a struggling dolphin in a fishing net was such a turn on. This blogger, that's who.

Wanna watch a shark take down a commercial jet? Of course you do.



Sigh, Mega Shark is like the Marlon Brando of creature features. He just makes it look so easy. Someone get that shark a treat. Maybe Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson?

1 comment:

  1. by the way- a megladon could take down a commercial jet, no problem. i'm surprised you didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete