Friday, December 18, 2009

Airport Blog: Oh Hai Houston!

For some reason my travels lately have required a couple of brief stops in Texas. Today, I'm in Houston. The birthplace of the Accidental Blogger. That's right, on April 25, 1981, my mother gave birth to a baby so large that they thought I was twins. The doctor thought my butt was an entirely separate baby. And you wonder why I have such high self esteem.

I'm attempting to take in the State of Texas while walking through the Houston Airport.

Here's what I have so far:

1) The people aren't nearly as fat as I assumed they were. Everyone says Houston is full of fatties. I thought I was going to exit the plane and find the last five seasons of The Biggest Loser all sitting together eating ribs. Well they aren't. I had spaghetti for lunch.

2) Texas likes to take things that already exist and rename them to make them more Texas-y. I just left a chocolate shop where a company took some chocolate caramel clusters and called them Longhorns. Naturally, I bought some and immediately put five in my mouth. To support Texas of course.

3) Oh hey a bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment