Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bikini Waxing Blog: Heeeeyyyy You?


Now doesn't that look like a good time...

Waxing. It's a necessary evil. If you're a lady that is.

Good news! I'm totally a lady. Okay mom you can stop reading now. 

Part of being a lady involves making an awkward visit every four weeks. It doesn't have to be awkward I guess, but it is. It's awkward because every four weeks I see the same person and I say hi. Then she proceeds to torture me and I pay her for it. The thing is, every four weeks I walk in and say "Hi Holly, how are you?" Then she looks uncomfortable and I sigh "Meghan." "Oh hi, Meghan, how are you?" Usually, that's followed by pain, small talk, and judging her taste in music. Of course I keep the music judging to myself. After all, she is pulling hair out of me.

I've been going to the same place for almost two years (depending on my financial situation), and only two women have...ehem...groomed my nether regions (I couldn't think of a better way to put that, I'll take suggestions in the comment section). So why don't they know my name??? They're all up in my biznass and I have to remind them that I'm a regular costumer. Not. Cool.

I'm not the only one this happens to. My friend Emily actually brought this to my attention. I was amazed. I had never noticed. Of course, she's not completely oblivious to life like I am. As an aspiring writer I should probably work on that. She's right though, and it's crap. We go to the doctor for our annual lady check up. Do they forget our names? Maybe, but at least they try to pretend like they know us. "Hello, Ms." *hesitates and glances at clip board* "Ah, Ms. Storrie, good to see you again." As we all know, you're on a first name basis by the end of the appointment.

I've racked my brain and can't find a solution. I suppose one could put a name tag on their vagina, but I can't see how it would make everything less awkward. Besides, they don't even stay on that well...trust me. I guess it's just a fact of life. Every four weeks I'll walk in and reintroduce myself AGAIN.

Okay Holly, how about this? I don't get mad when you don't remember my name and you don't play Jack Johnson during my appointment...EVER.

Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment