Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Date Blog: The Blind Leading the Blind

So...uh.... I guess I have a date the weekend after next...a blind one. Well shit. To be totally honest, I didn't really think I'd have to follow through with this whole blog gimmick thing. Then Shelbfest had to get all saucy and and actually find someone!

Lucky for you, you get to watch the spectacle. We'll get into specifics (dress, talk, food) later, but first, I want to hear some awesome date stories from you. I need the " I wish someone would've told me this" tidbits. The more embarrassing the better. I'm taking some of you down with me and, frankly, I could use all the help I can get.

I hope he looks like Jon Hamm.


3 comments:

  1. i wish i knew, before my first date with a guy, that a burner was a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan's and my first date was at Einstein's. The only lesson I got there was that smoked salmon was not the best idea after a long night of drinking. I was trying to look sophisticated... shut up you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only had one truly blind date in my life, and it was intensified by the fact that it was in Japan and that neither the date or myself had what either of us would have classified as a firm grasp on the others' language. Also, it was clear that my Japanese friend who arranged the date had meant, "He is an extremely tall freak like you!" when she said "You are a perfect match!"

    Luckily, I am good at Pictionary and was working as a conversation teacher, so with a good amount of wine and an average amount of paitience the night turned out ok. If you consider me literally telling the guy to, "Look over there!" as I ran away at the end of the night for no other reason then that I was intoxicated.
    I think what we had most in common, other than getting bird's nest stuck in our hair all the time, was a horrible case of the lonelys!
    Go in with a good additude, and a bottle of mace.

    ReplyDelete